From time to time, everyone gets a “snack attack” while at work. These attacks can come on quickly and out of nowhere. The onset of these attacks could also make you cranky. Don’t head to the vending machine and make poor decisions. With just a little prepping effort, you can set yourself up for snacking success. Gathering your snacks on Sunday night can make for easy-breezy snacking at work all week. Below is a list of my favorite go-to snacks for the workweek:
1. Air-popped popcorn — This is an easy snack to make and pack. In addition, it is low calorie and a good source of fiber.
2. Nuts — Almonds and cashews are great for you. Studies have linked them to reductions in cholesterol and to lowering the risk of heart disease. If you are looking for a little more flavor, many brands offer several different varieties. You can liven things up with such flavors as blueberry, vanilla, cinnamon, honey roasted, café mocha, lime, sriracha and jalapeño.
3. Whole fruit — A banana, peach or pear is easy to grab and easy for your body to digest.
4. String Cheese — This snack contains both protein and calcium. The convenient packaging allows for easy portion control and easy packing.
5. Sliced veggies — Cutting up some carrots, celery, peppers, cauliflower, radishes, etc., makes for a delightful afternoon snack and provides variety. For an additional kick, pair them with hummus or hot sauce.