For some people, blogging is easy and fun and words flow onto paper smoothly, like butter. Others would rather eat tar and wait at the dentist office for four hours rather than blog. Whatever your feelings on blogging, creating valuable and interesting content can be helpful for your small business. You can publish and share various content on your blog — videos, case studies, original articles, reviews, interviews, you name it.
Blogging for your small business provides several benefits:
- Better customer relationships — You’re able to instantly connect and share up-to-date information that may be important to your client. A limited-time offer and a change of hours are examples of information that businesses would want to convey to their customers in a timely fashion.
- Improving SEO — Blogging drives more traffic to your website. Publishing high-quality content on your site increases your quality SEO score and ranks your site higher with Google.
- Building credibility and trustworthiness — Blogging gives you a presence in your field. It’s your chance to show that you are an expert and thought leader in your sphere of work. When people gain value from your posts or blogs, they are more inclined to partner with you or buy your product or service.
People love tips, tricks and information that they deem useful. Keep the content coming!
Share your story, your why and your mission statement through examples. Your customers and potential customers will appreciate it. You just may inspire people with your passion and build lasting relationships.
Interesting blogging statistics:
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links. — Establishes good SEO.
60% of businesses that blog acquire more customers, according to a HubSpot survey.